“LOGOS” law firm process information concerning you (Data), always respecting your rights and the relevant legislation. Our company’s fundamental principle and value is confidentiality for all Data you entrust us with or come to our knowledge on execution of the legal service contract concluded between us. We respect this confidentiality not only during but also after closure of the case or order revocation by you. We take all appropriate technical and organizational measures for the secure processing of your Data, in order to avoid any unauthorized access, amendment or disclosure of them. At the same time, all our employees and collaborators shall be subject to discretion and confidentiality obligations.
2. How we collect Data
The Data are gathered in various ways. More specifically through:
- Conclusion and execution of the legal service contract concluded between us.
- The contact form kept on our web page.
- Sending an e-mail to our company.
- Telephone communication.
- Social media (Facebook, Linkedin) where we keep a corporate web page.
- Cookies we use on our web page. For more, visit our Cookies Policy.
- Your consent, in cases where, in accordance with legislation, this is necessary for the legality of Data collection and processing.
3. Which Data we collect
We collect information on:
- Anything deemed necessary to fulfill our obligations deriving from the legal service contract concluded between us, and particularly for your representation and defense before any courts, authority, service or extra-judicial institution, as well as for the provision of legal advice and opinions.
- Your tax data, so we can fulfill our legal obligations to the tax authorities.
- Your personal data, your e-mail address, requests or comments of yours included in the e-mail / the contact form of our web page / the social media (Facebook, Linkedin) or your phone call.
- Your recent visits on our web page, the material you saw during your visit, your language selection, as well as the way you use our web page. This information is gathered through cookies we use. For more, visit our Cookies Policy.
4. Objectives – Legality of Data processing
We process Data, only in case it’s necessary in order to:
- Fulfill our obligations deriving from the legal service contract concluded between us. More specifically, the actions for which we may process your Data are the following, always after a prior consultation between us and a specific order: Provision of legal advice, drawing-up of opinion and information notes to any legal or natural person and authority, elaboration of draft contracts and agreements, contract verification, drawing-up of extra-judicial notices of default, applications and legal documents, representation and defense of you before any competent court, authority, service, body, extra-judicial institution, disciplinary and departmental board of the Greek republic, the European Union or any other country, submission of marks, patents, as well as any other title provided by the national, the Union or foreign legislation, participation in out-of-court redress procedures, such as indicatively meditation and arbitration procedures, conduct of the necessary negotiations seeking compromise, research in books of land registers and cadastres, drawing-up of relevant title validation document, receipt of necessary certificates and copies, issue of certified copies and translation of documents.
In so far as necessary for our obligations’ proper fulfillment deriving from the legal service contract concluded between us, you will be requested to provide us with Special Category Data (data concerning your racial or ethnic origin, your political opinions, your religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation). Processing of these data shall be limited to the extent these are necessary for the establishment, exercise or support of your legal claims.
In the framework of execution of our obligations deriving from the legal service contract concluded between us, we are likely to process your data, concerning criminal prosecution, security measures and criminal convictions. This processing shall be performed only if and in so far as this is necessary for the establishment, exercise or support of your legal claims.
Provision of Data related to your tax data shall be necessary for our compliance with our tax obligations; it shall therefore constitute a legal obligation of yours. Provision of other Data shall be necessary for the establishment, exercise or support of your legal claims, in the framework of the legal service contract concluded between us, and it shall therefore constitute a consequent contractual obligation. Your omission not to provide us with the said Data shall have the effect of incorrect establishment, exercise, support and execution of your legal claims and entitles us to rescind the legal service contract concluded between us.
- The objectives of legal interests we pursue, and more specifically, the service of fundamental principles and values ruling the exercise of the office of lawyer, smooth operation of the relationship and cooperation between us, promotion of our services, enhancement of our long-term economic value and protection of our corporate interest. We process Data to satisfy these legal interests of ours, only in case interest or fundamental rights and freedoms take precedence over those.
- Consider your request or comment and proceed in the appropriate actions, to have the best relationship possible with you and improve our products. This processing is necessary to serve you or comply with our legal obligations.
- Promote our services, through promotion and communication possibilities provided by the social media where we keep a corporate page (Facebook, Linkedin), as well as inform you of our services, events, corporate news and of any other issue we deem interesting for you, through links/photos shared on our corporate page in these media. This publicity/promotion shall be always performed in a form which is specific to the office of lawyer and in a manner consistent with its integrity and dignity.
Moreover, to improve our corporate page in the social media, as well as, information we provide to users who have chosen to derive updates from this page, utilizing the statistical information provided by these specific media.
- Understand how you use the website and make it more functional and safe. This processing shall be necessary to improve the experience of users of our electronic services.
In some cases we may need to use Data in order to:
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Protect our rights and claims.
5. Data retention period
5.1. We process the Data only for such time as may be required to attain the objectives for which they were collected. We review periodically the stored Data and we proceed in their deletion, when these are no more necessary to attain these objectives. More specifically we keep:
- All information being necessary for the execution of the legal service contract concluded between us, throughout its duration.
- Information on your requests or comments, for such time as may be required to consider it and proceed in the appropriate actions.
- We keep information gathered by using cookies, according to Cookies Policy.
5.2.After expiry of the period which is necessary to attain the objective of Data processing, we will keep stored, always taking all appropriate technical and organizational safety measures, the Data:
- Which are necessary for our compliance with our legal obligations. Their processing will last as long as required by the relevant law provisions.
- Which are necessary for the protection of our rights and claims. Their processing will last as long as required for the limitation of reciprocal claims, the irrevocable conclusion of administrative or judicial proceedings, in which we may be involved or the conclusion of out-of-court redress procedure between us.
- Which have a scientific value, such as legal documents drawn-up by our company and decisions of judicial or administrative authorities, issued in the framework of dealing with your legal case. In this case information shall be kept anonymised.
- Which are necessary so that we can notify you in the future of any eventual legislative developments that may affect your legal cases we dealt with, such as your contact details.
6. Who we share Data with
In some cases we share Data with third parties. This is done only where this is necessary to attain objectives concerning their processing. Third parties may be:
- The competent judicial or other authorities, services, bodies, extra-judicial institutions, disciplinary and departmental boards, legal entities under public law (indicatively the “HELLENIC CADASTRE”, bar associations), public servants (e.g. judicial clerks, notaries public), as well as third parties (indicatively judicial or private experts and technical advisers, arbitrators or mediators, lawyers) for the exercise, support and execution of your legal claims. This share shall be only performed where necessary for the execution of the legal service contract concluded between us or to protect our rights and legal claims.
- Companies providing transport, postal and telecommunication services, to facilitate interaction between each other.
- Enterprises providing photocopying and printing services.
- Translation offices.
- Accountants, tax consultants
- The each time competent Public Revenue Office (D.O.Y.) and the Independent Authority for Public Revenue (A.A.D.E.). This share shall be performed only in so far as it is necessary for our compliance with our legal obligations.
- Fraud prevention and detection organizations, to prevent or tackle criminal activity in our premises or our electronic systems.
We will transmit the Data to a third country only as long as an adequate level of Data protection is safeguarded to the above country and in so far as it is strictly necessary to attain the objectives of their processing.
7. Your rights
7.1. Which they are
- Right of access
Right to be informed of Data processing, to have access to them and to the information relevant to their processing and ask for a copy of them.
- Right of correction
Right to ask for Data correction or supplementation.
- Right of erasure
Right to ask for Data erasure. We will satisfy such right:
- If the Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
- If you use the right to object.
- If the Data have been unlawfully processed.
- If the Data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Right to restriction of processing
Right to restrict Data processing. This right shall be satisfied:
- When you contest Data accuracy.
- When processing is unlawful and you request restriction of their use instead of their erasure.
- When you use your right to object, until we verify whether legitimate grounds for the processing override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Right of portability
Right to receive the Data we process for the execution of the contract between us or upon your consent, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, as well as to ask for their transmission to you or to another person, who will conduct their processing. A necessary condition for this transmission is that you have paid your financial obligations, as they derive from the legal service contract concluded between us.
- Right to object
Right to object to processing of the Data performed for the purposes of our legitimate interests or of third parties.
- Right of consent withdrawal
If we process the Data upon your consent you shall be entitled to withdraw at any time, being addressed to our company’s contact details.
7.2. How you can use them
You can use your rights for free (unless they are manifestly unfounded or excessive), submitting a request at:
Address: LOGOS LAW FIRM, 10 ERMOU STR., THESSALONIKI, P.C. 54625
Tel: (0030) 2310 501342
Fax: (0030) 2310 512998
You will be informed on your request within one month since its receipt, unless the request is especially complex or there are grounds of increased number of requests. In cases there are legal grounds, which prevent us from satisfying it, we will inform you of the reasons of our refusal.
7.3. Right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority
You shall have the right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority if you consider that we unlawfully process your Data. The Authority’s data are:
Address: 1-3 Kifisias Ave., P.C.. 115 23, Athens
Tel: (0030) 210 6475600
Fax: (0030) 210 6475628